My pictures may not show it that well, but Thanksgiving this year was a truly festive celebration for our family - not that it isn't most years, but as many of my blog readers remembered with me, (and to steal a phrase from my sister's FaceBook status...) what a difference a year makes!!
- Mashed Potatoes (no recipe, but we add Tofutti Sour 'Cream' and homemade sauerkraut)
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Brown Gravy
- Mashed Butternut Squash
- Holiday Fruit and Nut Rice
- My Mom's yummy "Turkey-Cutlet-Like" Gluten (Seitan) Steaks with Caramelized Onions (I'll post this recipe later. She gave it to me, I want to try making it first!!)
- Herb and Garlic rolls (storebought)
- Green Salad and my sister's Magically Addictive Tahini-Lemon dressing (I gave it that name. We're working on specific measurements and then I'll post...)
- Raw Cranberry Ginger Orange relish (recipe follows)
Raw Cranberry Ginger Orange Relish
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh, raw cranberries, rinsed and drained
3 small Clementine or mandarin oranges, cut in fourths
- 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut in 3-4 pieces
1 cup raw turbinado granulated sugar
- Place half the cranberries, half the orange slices, ginger and sugar in food processor container. Process until mixture is evenly chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining cranberries and orange slices. Stir well.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer. Best if stored 1 - 2 days before serving.
- Serve on holiday entrees, meatballs, loafs, etc...
Makes about 3 cups