Christmas Dinner with my family:
(I always love my Mom's dinner table all set with the Holiday china...)
The stuffed mushrooms are not really famous, but very impressive - and so embarrassingly easy I hate to tell people...
- Buy a package of stuffing mix - whatever brand you can find that is vegetarian/vegan (some have chicken broth, but amazingly, many don't).
- Or make whatever type stuffing/dressing you like, using vegetable broth, of course... (A boxed-mix is just super easy and just the right size)
- Make stuffing/dressing according to directions on package and set aside to cool..
- Buy 20 largish (golf-ball size?) mushrooms.
- Pop the stems out of the mushrooms.
- Chop the stems fine.
- Chop 1/2 an onion and 1 stick celery just as fine.
- Saute in olive oil until soft.
- Add 2 cloves crushed garlic (I put it thru a garlic press - this totally makes the dish, using fresh garlic, but it's up to you) no need to cook it, it'll cook when they bake.
- Mix vegetables with the already made stuffing and 1/4 cup nutritional yeast.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. (If too dry, add a little vegetable broth)
- Pack down firm and mound up in each mushroom. It will shrink.
- Put in baking dish, drizzle a little olive oil around.
- Bake for 25 - 30 min at 375 until mushrooms look softer and cooked.
- They will shrink and dry a little.
My sister finished some last-minute gifts...
My brother-in-law shovelling snow off my parent's deck. Took him all morning, there was a LOT of snow up there!!