Monday, September 17, 2007

Yay! I've got mail!

Or a package, rather.

You may remember my post a few weeks back (or not, it wasn't all that exciting...) It seems the good people at Gardenburger MYSPACE chose me as their "Gardenburger MySpace Friend of the Month" or something to that effect...(sorry, I don't do the whole Myspace thing a lot, I can't even remember exactly what it was...). Gotta LOVE the reeeeeally old picture they used too! I need to update my "Myspace"!

So anyway, then the Gardenburger Myspace people asked for my address. "What? My address?"
They said to "send a small gift".
And of course, Fairly Odd Mom that I am, I got all paranoid - this was MYSPACE after all, home of the Child Stalkers and Internet Evil... Should I give the supposed "Gardenburger" people my address? What if "Gardenburger" was actually a burger-eating scammer who preyed on helpless single, vegan Moms...

Not to fear, I contacted Gardenburger headquarters and they said that yes, they did indeed have a Myspace and yes, they did send out a care package to those who participated in their Myspace "event". Event? I participated? Cool. Whatever.

So, still being cautious, I only gave them my post-office box address - (which I never use) just to be safe. And I figured I wouldn't hear anything more from them.
But today - SURPRISE - there was the nicest package waiting for me, filled with all sorts of fun goodies! I was excited as my kids - it was sorta like Christmas!

Check out the pic.
  • A cool tee-shirt that says "Meatless with Mojo"...how fun is THAT?
  • Also, several "freebie" coupons for Gardenburger products.
  • A cloth tote/grocery bag with the Gardenburger logo (of course).
  • Blue Gardenburger wristbands.
  • Some pins that say Gardenburger (and one that just says "Vegan", of course I LOVE that too!)
  • ...and my kids' favorite, a ball-point-pen shaped like a giant pea-pod, heh!

So yeah. Thank You kind Gardenburger people of Myspace whoever you are...What a nice way to end my day. Oh, and we had Gardenburger "Riblets" for supper to celebrate, of course!

16 comments:

Amy said...

What a cool surprise package! It's probably good that they didn't send you frozen gardenburgers!

I got a package of all flavors of Jocolat (Larabar product) when I wrote something negative about Jocolat on my blog. Once I tasted them again, though, I found I honestly liked 2 of the flavors.

Anonymous said...

what a great surprise, congrats!!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

i love getting surpirses!

LaurenSmash said...

your blog is awesome and inspiring and I can't wait to try some of your recipes, especially the sweet and sour "chicken"

Minnie said...

What a nice pressie to receive! You deserve it, though, because your blog's so upbeat and inspirational. I really like the pen, too:O) I'm a newbie vegan and we have no where near as many vegan products available over here in the UK.

Bananas said...

What an excellent surprise! I guess it does pay to belong to MySpace afterall...

Ruthie said...

LOL meatless with mojo. :-) Priceless.

aTxVegn said...

How fun! What a great surprise gift pack.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

How cool is that?! Great GB package -- I esp. like your tote bag! mmmm, riblets! :)

bazu said...

Congratulations! How cool and random that they chose you- and what a neat package. I love your paranoia - who is this "gardenburger"? If that is its real name?
Guess what? I was just on Myspace yesterday and saw you as the VegNews featured friend- very cool!

Veggie said...

Wow, what a nice surprise! Now when you go shopping with your new 'Gardenburger' cloth bag you will have an automatic conversation starter for the vegetarian way of life.

Cynthia said...

That's a lovely surprise.

urban vegan said...

cool! more and more products ahve my space accounts.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I'm not a huge fake meat person but I do love those Gardenburger riblets!

Unknown said...

why is it there's more obese vegans than vegetarians?


what is going on?

Unknown said...

i forgot to add.. gardenburger along with those other so called vegetarian soy products aren't vegan.

read those labels! i ain't kidding. maybe this is why vegans are obese generally.. one must learn to read the label. i found that not only this product is a scam but so is morning star, boca and those other companies.

well, so much for that surprised eh?