Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good-Bye to the Garden.

:Sigh:
It was just last week that I took these bright, cheerful, green garden pictures.
.
.
.
But looking out today, I sadly realize "gardening" is probably, officially over for the season, (save for the kale we'll be able to harvest all winter long).
.
I love my garden and the vegetables we harvest; the work and time we invest, the weeds we pull.
.
It's very much a part of our summer routine even though my kids aren't always huge fans of weeding in the hot sun or picking slugs off the tomatoes. (Secretly they love it. They do. I swear...)
.

Regardless of my kids' opinions, I for one am sad to see it all tired and wilt-y, with powdery-mildew taking over the last bits of zucchini and squash.
.

We didn't do a whole lot of variety this year, I regret, now, that time got away from me this spring.

But as always, I have bigger, better plans for next year.
.
Who knows what the new season will bring!?!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

The end of the summer always makes me sad too. :(

those green beans look so yummy and.. green! The kale, too. We've got a ton of kale and I can't eat it fast enough!

Can't wait to see what you'll have next year!

Anonymous said...

Those green beans look great! I am missing green beans already...

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I like more - the veggies or your daughter's rockin tie-dye. Thanks for your comments on my blog about my doggie dilema.

bazu said...

Oh I know how you feel. I'm so so sad about the end of summer, and the coming of the frost. Our poor garden wasn't all that great this year, though...