Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July


No parades or picnics here, we stayed at home like the boring people we are...
No, seriously, I used today as an excuse to finally get my back patio cleaned up and all 20-something pots cleaned out and replanted with flowers and herbs... I know it's late, but we'll be enjoying them through the end of September easily...

The Sprouts were a huge help today! We worked hard transplanting, cleaning, scrubbing the cement, cleaning the furniture, splashing the hose....

Afterwards, by popular demand, my oldest Sprout made everyone's favorite: Taco Ring which I guess I've already posted somewhere back in the foggy past.
EDIT: Please note I finally linked to the Taco Ring recipe for those who are lazy like me and didn't want to dig for it .
(Ignore the Mike's Hard Lemonade bottle in the picture... we were celebrating America's Independence... or something...).
We had some beautiful Rainier cherries from the Farmer's Market, to go with.

Then we sat on the back porch, enjoyed the flowers and plants, ....and the view... of hundreds of dollars worth of incredible, amazing (and most-likely illegal) fireworks that our neighbors for miles around were setting off ... beautiful.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Happy late 4th to you and your family! I'll have to look up that Taco Ring recipe...sounds good.

aTxVegn said...

Sounds like a great day. I remember the famous taco ring!

Candi said...

Sounds like a nice holiday for you and your family! The taco ring is very cool! I'll have to check it out in your archives!

Candi said...

PS> your daughter's blog is adorable!! She's very creative!

urban vegan said...

I just discovered that blog and commented. I didn;t know it was your daughter. I think it's very creative!