Sunday, June 03, 2007

Saturday Market and Lunch

Went to our local Saturday Farmer's Market again today, and happened to see a cute little sidewalk cafe that had just opened.
Nosey food-fan that I am - I stopped in and asked if they possibly had anything vegan - They were surprisingly familier with the idea of veganism and were very much able to accomodate me!

SOOO pretty! You knew I had to take pictures...

They whipped up a great grilled panini with roasted peppers, roasted eggplant, onions, spinich and tomatoes and dressed it with a made-from-scratch lemon-garlic-mustard-olive-oil-dressing that looks sorta creamy simply because it's blended up. I was able to watch them mix the dressing tableside. Yay.
The soup is potato-carrot with ginger. No chicken stock or dairy. Score again! And it was all arranged so pretty, that always earns extra points!
Before our lunch came, they brought out big fluffy fresh-baked potato rolls (vegan) with a cute little plate of orange ancho- chili-and-herb-butter drizzled with balsamic vinegar and chili oil and micro greens... unfortunately the butter was...well...butter... but it was still creative and colorful - and my non-vegan daughter declared it extremely tasty.

Here's my beautiful Middle Sprout - looking just a little bored with my Saturday Market mania... she liked the cafe` though and found some funky jewelry, so I don't think she was as bored as this picture appears - silly girl!


7 comments:

Candi said...

You're so lucky to have the markets open already! You got such a great lunch too! TO watch it be made right in front of you is nice, huh? No sneaking in any dairy!

Your daughter is so pretty! I can just imagine her shopping for jewelry at the market. Sounds like such a fun time. I can't wait to find the markets out here and do the same!

Candi said...

PS> You've inspired me to search online for MA markets and I found lots! They just opened up this weekend, so I'll get to hit up lots of them!! :)

Tracy said...

Looks like you all had a great morning, and the vegan lunch was a great bonus! That soup looks really inviting....

Anonymous said...

great lunch! sound like a fun!

scottishvegan said...

That soup looks such a beautiful colour! How nice to find a place that understands veganism :)

KleoPatra said...

Wow, great post, Tofu Mom. Wish your daughter was smiling, she is beautiful!! But you know at that age... we were all there at times.

You are right that we knew you'd take photographs... and who could blame you? Lovely lovely lovely!

bazu said...

Yay for surprisingly vegan-friendly cafes!