Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Good-Bye Chelsie

Sorry for the lack of posts. Our little Boston, Chelsie, has been in poor health and gone rapidly downhill the last few days. She wasn't in any pain but meds to help her heart just weren't working any more...

She died this morning about 5: am peacefully in her sleep, right next to my daughter's bed where she loved to sleep.
At least she didn't have to go off to some scary, unfamiliar vet's office at the end; she was sleeping, she wasn't in pain and she was with people she loved...
Chelsie had been in our family for over 12 years - as long as my kids can remember, so even though we were somewhat expecting it, it's still never easy. Especially for my middle daughter. Chelsie was very much HER dog...

We had just gotten photos taken at a studio last week. I'm so glad! They'll be wonderful memories for all of us. (I purchased the negatives, just in case someone starts wondering about copyright permission and all...). If you have a chance, GO! Get pictures taken with your favorite furry friend! It's SO worth it!!

Hug your pets and your kids tight tonight. Life is too short!

13 comments:

Tracy said...

Awwww...that's just so sad. My sympathies for all of you. And so smart to get those pictures when you did...they'll be appreciated so much.

Susan said...

My condolences! 12 is pretty old for a dog, so at least you had her a good long time, although I know that makes it harder in some ways. I am so glad for you all that you got the pictures. She looks like she was a sweet dog.

Mary said...

I am so sorry. We lost one of our cats (9 month old girl) a couple months ago because she randomly got sick. We found her on the kitchen floor in her own urine. She died the next morning at the vet's office. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Anonymous said...

im very soory for your loss!

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry. She was blessed to live a long life with a family that loved her. You can just tell how happy she was from the picture.

bazu said...

Hugs to you and your family. Chelsie was so loved, and I'm so glad all your girls were at home with her in the end, to be able to say goodbye. I'm SO sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

Hugs. We lost our boxer Willow in December. the pictures are beautiful.

Dori said...

So sad to hear about your dog. We had to put down our faithful friend of 12 years prior to Thanksgiving. We spent about a week crying every time we came home because she wasn't there to greet us. The pictures are great... good for the memories.

scottishvegan said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that… ((HUGS)). What beautiful photos…that was such a great idea to get them done and I am sure you will treasure them forever.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Thanks so much, all of you. I appreciate the kind thoughts!

KleoPatra said...

*HUGS* i am so sorry. You know i am so very sorry, my friend. i am very happy she had a wonderful life with you. What a fortunate pup Chelsie was. My heart is with you and your family. *HUGS* i am so glad you had photos taken, too. Thank you for the advice about hugging your loved ones. Always a great idea to show appreciation for the ones you love. *HUGS* i have been there before, and will be there again. My most sincere condolences.

Sheree' said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Fur children are such a part of our life. We have lost 2 of our kids so we understand. Sounds like she has a wonderful life with you and your girls.

Candi said...

What beautiful photos. Chelsie is gorgeous, as are your daughters. I just saw this post from your new dog post, and had to come here and comment!

You are lucky to have had Chelsie so long and also that she was comfy and at home with her family when she passed. Sorry for your loss. Even though it has been awhile, you'll never forget them. Chelsie is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.