Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

No recipe tonight, just a final post for this Month of Vegan Blogging.


It's been challenging, coming up with a recipe (and the time) EVERY day to share in my blog, but a lot of fun as well.

Not to fear, I'll be back in November, maybe not posting EVERY day but certainly as often as I can.

To start the day I made fun little goody bags for my oldest 'Sprout' and her friends in the dorm; they got pencils, erasers, yo-yos, raisins, spider-rings, Skittles, "Jack'o-lantern" oranges and apples.

Lots of fun to make/assemble and better than tons of candy! No matter how "grown up" you think you are, everyone loves a few goodies on Halloween, right? (Oh, and all vegan, how about that!?!)

Then of COURSE, on to Trick-or-Treating with my two younger 'Sprouts' and friends.

I have no yummy food pics, so thought I'd share a couple pictures of kids, costumes and general sugar-induced silliness.


No, the candy they collected wasn't vegan, but then neither are my children - ALL the time; but it's all good.


.
.
.
.
.

Hope your evening was wonderful, crazy, filled with fun, and shared with people you love...

Happy Halloween.

6 comments:

Debra said...

Very cute..
Debra @ Vegan Family Style

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your mofo posts--thank you for posting so much!

You are such a good mom to make fun gift bags for your daughter and her friends! What fun :-)

Courtney

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

I wish I had had friends with a mom like you to give us awesome treats!!! I bet they were so thrilled.

Margaret said...

Thanks for taking the time to post good vegan food.
I look forward to more ideas and will check back every week.
I found your site while browsing for a tofu/pasta recipe suitable for late Fall/winter and loved your site.

Shannon said...

I'm just here browsing through your posts, having seen a friend's post of this blog on her Facebook, and I come across this entry of yours. And I'm looking at the pictures and thinking...."That looks an awful lot like Maia....and that looks an awful lot like Brayden....OMG! Those are Tanya's kids!" My theory was solidified when I looked at her photos and saw a picture of Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore in her photos in Facebook. ;-)

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Yes indeed Shannon! You guessed it! Add me on FB if you want (though I post the same recipes there)