Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Week's Vacation! Why Can't I Find Time To Blog!

First week off school (YAY!), my kids are camping with their Dad, and it's quiet around here - my "vacation" week before summer job starts at the library. You'd think I'd have long, lazy afternoons to eat bon-bons, cook and putter and ... BLOG!

But no.
.
Not blogging anyway.
.
I spent the whole week busy being just a little lazy and doing random things with friends and family, a little gardening, and cooking beautiful stuffs to my heart's content.
In addition, my nine-year-old 'Sprout's' baseball team made it to play-offs too, which was an awesome surprise, but threw everyone's schedule off a bit. I "borrowed" her from camping with Dad (fortunately they were only about 45 min. away) several evenings during the week to play with her team. (Apparently she isn't thrilled with having her picture taken!).
All of which left me no time to blog - I took pictures though!! I'll have to catch you up, bit by bit.

.
OK, so, first of all; Sunday, my friend Shaun and I journeyed to Seattle's Sidecar Vegan Grocery where the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale was being held. Did anyone hold this event in their town too?
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
..
.
.
.
...
.
.
What a great idea, and such yummy goodies! (Like doughnuts from the famous "Mighty-O Doughnuts") Everything (except the doughnuts) was donated by local vegans, all of whom appear to be mighty talented in the baking department.
Proceeds from this particular sale went to the Pigs Peace Sanctuary. Other sales, held simultaneously, supported other causes, and they all helped the world discover how YUMMY Vegan baking can be!

Best of all - I'm so excited - I got to meet a fellow Blogger! Bethany of the fabulous "Spotted Devil Cat and His Vegan Assistant" blog.
She was a great help in problem-solving some upcoming cake-baking technicalities I'm anticipating (You don't see me blogging much about my cakes and baked goods here, do you? No, there's a reason for that, but I digress...)
Here are some lovely bake sale pictures Bethany took - so many wonderful goodies! Especially the cupcakes, *gasp* chocolate! You gotta check out her blog too; yummy food, and cute kitties and dogs, oh my!
.
Shaun and I came away from the Bake Sale with all sorts of yuminess, most didn't make it NEAR a camera... but these chocolate-cookies-filled-with-peanut-butter were just too amazing not to photograph (and I know they had a much better title than that!).


.
.
.
..
.
.
.
We stopped by Whole Foods on the way home. They're about an hour-and a half from my house, so it's only something I do about once a year.
.
I get so overwhelmed when I'm there, so much fun stuff, I can never decide what to buy.
.
I left the store with some specialty mushrooms and beautiful, local, crazy-delicious raspberries.
.
I know, exciting stuff.


More catch-up, post-week-off blogging tomorrow!

4 comments:

Sheree' said...

Can you believe it, the closet vegan bake sale to me was about 2 1/2 hours away. Those chocolate peanut butter cookies would drive DH crazy for more, me I want those delicious rasberries. How fun to meet a fellow blogger!

Unknown said...

We had a Vegan Bake sale in Appleton Wisconsin. I made 16 individual sized Rhubarb Crisp from your blog with your blog address on the label!! They were a big hit. Thanks for the recipe. Love your site!
Pam G in Green Bay, WI

Bethany said...

It was great meeting you too!

I've been a total slacker in blog land lately. For some reason June was a really busy month. I'm hoping that June is more laid back. Or I might just force it to be :)

I hope your daughter's team does well.

Have a fun 4th :)

Bianca said...

Oh man, I really wanted to have one of those bake sales here, but we just couldn't get it together. I need a donut!