Sunday, March 22, 2009

Seattle Veg-Fest; Chapter One

As mentioned previously, today was the much-anticipated pilgrimage to Seattle and the hallowed halls of VegFest.
Let me start out right now by saying this blog is NOT a complete recounting of my adventures today. I'm much too wordy to blog about it in one simple paragraph, (as you may have discovered) and much too busy to blog much tonight. But some of you are restless and asking how it went, so here's a teaser: It was a BLAST!!
.
Here we are ^^^
My "middle sprout" Olivia, her friend Tanner, one of my best friends, Tanya, and of course, there's me. (For a great perspective on VegFest read Tanner's blog - amusing stuff). Olivia took "Barbie" around to visit many of the booths as well, look for a new update on Veggie-Barbie and Carnivore-Ken's Blog coming very soon!!
.
I just wanted to shout out a BIG HELLO to those of you who RECOGNISED me - at least six of you I think - ("Hey, it's Tofu Mom, the Blog Lady!") while inching shoulder-to-shoulder through the crowded lines waiting for a minuscule sample of whatever yummy thing was being handed out at the next booth. I'm honored and flattered. And no, it's not creepy. I am still surprised every time, but glad you're all along for the ride...
.
Have a great week.
Chapter Two to follow soon, stay tuned.

4 comments:

frogonabike said...

I so wish I could've gone this year. I always enjoy the VegFest. You didn't tell me they had some kind of vegan cheeze stuff there. The newer ones fascinate me. I am not saying I've been compelled to buy anything other than Rice Slices twice, but they definitely fascinate me.

Jen said...

so jealous! i'm glad you had a good time and i think it is wonderful that your children follow suit with an interest in vegetarianism. i read tanner's blog and am curious about the vegan caviar.

Bianca said...

Man, I wish I could have gone! Someday, someday...on that note, I occasionally get recognized in Memphis (mostly at the health food store), but it's so neat to have people recognize you from your blog.

Erin said...

Glad you guys had a good time! Gotta love all those samples.