Sunday, July 01, 2012

Summertime Not-Blogging

Spring Veggie Salad,
baby green beans,
homemade
Sourdough Bread!
Bad Blogger taking a break.

Not a break from creating, cooking and eating, mind you. (Never from eating! HA!)

Just a break from actually making things that require (or deserve) a recipe - and then writing down said recipes.


Raw kale and beet salad
with pecans, cabbage, carrots
herbs and lemon
.
It's summer (barely) in the Pacific Northwest and the Farmer's Markets are in full swing. There are beautiful veggies - lettuces, kales and squashes everywhere.

Tofu and veggies in
a light Green Curry broth.
I'm off work for a few weeks (until Summer School starts), my kids are in and out, so I'm mostly cooking just for me - and indulging myself with the stuff of summer: salads, sandwiches, light soups and grilled veggies.
Grilled zucchini and
Walla Walla Sweets
with red-wine-infused
sea salt.



Oh. And, did I mention? Wasting inordinate amounts of time playing with ridiculously silly photo-editing gadgets that distort my pictures beyond all reasonableness.
Lettuces, tomatoes,
Vegenaise: that's all.
Enjoy your summer and the bounty of fresh veggies - I'll be back in a day or week or something....

1 comments:

Darla Jo Buhler said...

An affordable alternative to Veganai$e is Trader Joe's "Reduced Fat" (I think that's it). Check the mayo shelf. Vegan and under $3/jar.