When we stumbled across "Mexican-Style Grilled Street Corn" at our local farmer's Market recently, we thought it was a new, original and truly wondrous thing....
6 ears of corn, husked*
1/3 cup vegan sour cream
2 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 cup grated vegan hard, crumbly cheese (I used the "Cheshire-Style Sheese" the first time, because I had it on hand, and it was PERFECT for this)
OR 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan-style 'cheese'
Chili-Lime seasoning (We use "Tajin Chili & Lime").
2 limes, cut in wedges
3 Tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro
1. Husk corn, wrap in several layers foil (*or grill in the husk if you prefer - I don't like the mess, but it's your choice).
Grill over BBQ or backyard fire pit until tender and starting to char in spots. (I have no scientific method here, just cook 'till done).
2. In a small bowl, combine vegan mayo, vegan sour cream, salt and lime juice. Whisk together to make it creamy.
3. Mix 'cheese' and nutritional yeast in another small bowl.
3. Remove corn from foil (or husk), put on plate. Rub corn with lime wedge.
Spread, or drizzle sour-cream sauce all over corn.
4. Sprinkle cheese-mixture on corn. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and chili-lime seasoning liberally on corn.
5. Try and figure out how to gracefully eat this lovely mess with a minimum of spillage...
Serves 3 - 6, depending on how much people eat