I had, quite possibly, the most basic and NON-blog-worthy lunch today.
But it wasn't boring. In fact it was quite lovely and delicious - and actually pretty too! Best of all, it was cheap, because all but the bell pepper came from my Mom's or my gardens.
This tends to be my default when I'm bored with cooking or just can't think what else to make for lunch. Cut up whatever's in the 'fridge. Add dressing. Call it salad. I like the texture of the large chunks here, but cut things up however you like.
Here ya go:
Chunky Garden Salad
- 1 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 3 new potatoes, cooked, cooled and cut into chunks or cubed
- 6 radishes, cut into chunks or sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sweet white onion
- 6 - 8 black olives, halved (optional)
- several large handfuls of lettuce or other greens
Easy Vinaigrette Dressing (not pictured)
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- pinch each; Sea salt and black pepper