Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to School. Back to Packing Lunches.

This is a super-short post, as I'm furiously multi-tasking, getting ready for the start of school for my kids, and back to full-time work AT school, for me.

I already dread the packing-lunches routine. NOT because I don't know what to pack. That's never a problem - But because of the amount of waste and trash involved. We try to use reusable containers and whatnot, but there always seems to be a pile of wrappers, napkins and "junk" left over after lunch.

I'm looking for suggestions and specific links to reusable lunch-box ideas...

That said, I'm also mentioning this giveaway for those who might be interested. A reusable lunch system that looks easy and convenient and BIG enough for those teenager lunches I'm packing this year. Go enter. I know I am!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a Planetbox for each of my girls (they just arrived today!) and they were expensive but they are both just starting school so I think we will get many years of use out of them. They're probably too "young" for teenages but I'm not really sure what teens are into so they might work! I think you can fit a fair amount of food in them and I have ac small thermos for each girl too for soup and other leftovers.

Catherine Weber said...

I use "wrap-n-mats" which saves on a ton of ziploc bags. They have tons of goofy patterns on their website, and also plenty of solids. They are easy to wipe clean with a rag, and are great for sandwiches, raw veggies, chips/crackers, etc. We love them!

P.S. I also bought a yard of fabric and cut it up with a pinking shears to use for cloth napkins for home and packed lunches -- works beautifully, and they don't take up much space in the lunchbag or wash!

Erin said...

I'm a big fan of the laptop lunchbox (laptoplunches.com). I've been able to fit pretty big meals in mine. You can see a whole lot of lunches I've packed in mine here: http://veganhomemade.wordpress.com/tag/laptop-lunchbox/

Joseph's Grainery Recipes said...

Good luck with getting back in the school year routine!