Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shoot the Computer!!


I'm B-A-A-A-A-A-C-K! And ready to blog up a storm.


You all know how I've been whining over my stupid almost-dead computer, I was ready to shoot the stupid thing and put it out of it's misery (hence, the picture of my daughter getting in some target-practice.)

No, we didn't shoot the computer, it died a slow natural death of old-age.... but it probably didn't seem like much of a serious "loss" to anyone out there because magically, I continued to post every day. Well, THAT was an adventure I'd rather not repeat, let me tell you!!
I think I mentioned I got VERY resourceful!! I actually did an entire blog post from my iPhone (just one!)!! As well as borrowing friend's computers, ah, work computers, library computers...

Well my computer-borrowing days are OVER!
Thanks to an incredibly generous fellow vegan Blogger, Lucy, over at "Vegan Del Ray", I now have a nice little gently-used laptop that is happily sitting on my desk and anxious to help me blog! She claims it was an old computer she just needed to "get rid of", but you have no idea what this means to me!!

It was like Christmas, truly, when we unwrapped the UPS package this afternoon. Lucy even enclosed some goodies from Trader Joes, and added a heavy layer of bubble-wrap, both of which thrilled my girls even more than the computer, I think!! Thank you for your kindness a hundred, million times over!!!

And now, let me get back to blogging, the way it's supposed to be, with an actual computer that belongs to me!!
My recipe today? Quick and easy, once again.


Pumpkin "Hummus"

3 Tbs. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 cup garbanzo beans
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (or fresh cooked)
4 ounces Tofutti vegan cream cheese
2 t. ground cumin
2 t. Hungarian paprika
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
2 t. coarse salt

Add all ingredients to food processor and process until very smooth. Taste for salt and spice — you may need to add a little extra. Sprinkle the finished dip with extra paprika for garnish. Serve with crackers, pita chips (VERY yum!!) or veggies.

5 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Welcome back! That is so cool about your new laptop, what a sweet friend you have. And what a cool idea - pumpkin hummus! I didn't think plain old hummus could get any better, but if anything can take it over the top it would definitely be pumpkin.

Debra said...

I am so happy for you- and glad you will stay with us in blog land! and love the pumpkin hummus idea! yay.
Can't wait to try it.
Debra @ Vegan Family Style

Anonymous said...

Holy cow--that IS super generous! How wonderful. It is so nice to know we can count on you for more posts :-)

Courtney

Amy said...

Wow! That's some dedicated blogging doing a whole post from your iPhone! I'm super impressed! And just as impressed with your gorgeous friend who was so generous!! Welcome back to blogland!!

mamavegana said...

How wonderful!
I just can't stop feeling all warm and fuzzy inside now (and it's 2 AM and freezing in my living room).
How absolutely wonderful!!!!