Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rosemary-Lemon Glazed New Potatoes


Tonight's supper was pretty simple, pan-"roasted" potatoes and salad. No need to show you the boring and stereotypical rabbit-food salad, but I thought I'd share the potatoes with you 'cause they were awesome! Fresh rosemary is the only green thing I still have in my garden.


Rosemary-Lemon Glazed Potatoes

2 lbs. small, new potatoes, whole halved or cubed (depending on size)
1 Tbsp. olive oil or as needed
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbs. dry powdered vegetarian "chicken-flavor" bullion
2 - 3 garlic cloves
handful FRESH rosemary - stripped off stem
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1/4 tsp lemon zest (very finely grated skin)

Toss potatoes with oil and pan fry in non-stick-skillet on med. high until one or two sides start to brown.

Mix broth powder with water and pour over potatoes, and bring to a simmer.
Cover skillet and briskly simmer, shaking skillet occasionally, until potatoes are tender and most of water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.

Blend rosemary, garlic and lemon juice in food processor until very fine, (not a puree). Stir in lemon zest and toss potatoes with mixture.

Put potatoes back over med-low heat just long enough for garlic to cook but not burn. (2 min. or so).

(You could also toss the potatoes with olive oil, lemon, garlic, rosemary and oven roast them, but this method is quicker.)

5 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

I LOVE roasted potatoes, the crispy caramelized goodness oh myyy. I don't know why I don't make them more often....like everyday!

Jen said...

i love different ways to make potatoes. in fact, i don't think there's a variation of potatoes that i don't like. maybe raw.

Sophia said...

MMmm man oh man are you the queen of roasted root veggies! This looks even better then yesterdays recipe!
http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Mmm I love potatoes. Roasted has got to be my favorite way to eat them, especially when it's cold outside and I want something hearty!

k's mumbo jumbo said...

Those look heavenly. Not often a fan of rosemary, but I would probably inhale those!