Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer, Family and STUFF!

(▼ ▼ "Middle Sprout" and Mommy,
Wading in Mowich Lake at Mt Rainier)

Yikes! Been gone so long my Blogger account didn't even recognise me, I won't be offended if you don't either! I feel like apologizing for the lack of recipes, but I just haven't been cooking much lately.













( ▼ ▼ New Mexico's famous Green Chiles!)

To be fair, (or as an excuse) I was busy (even though I dislike the word as an excuse) but probably no more busy than any of my fellow Bloggers. You put me to shame daily!





(▼ ▼ At Grandma's: My girls and cousin Jonathon)

I've had a gloriously full summer: company, family reunions, trips to California and New Mexico, a bunch of great Vegetarian/Vegan BBQ's and potlucks, camped, hiked, played tour-guide-entertainer to teen-age cousins... and then of course we had those record-breaking temps making it impossible to even be in the house, let alone near the kitchen;



(▼ ▼ And Another one of My Silly Kids...)

Yes, I've been busy, but mostly, I've just been lazy (and a little broke - HA!). It's all good.















(▼ ▼ More cousins - with matching hair-dos...)

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but my girls and I mostly settled for cold cereal, sandwiches, grilled garden produce and smoothies.








(▼ ▼ Mmmm, grilled veggies! ABQVeg Group BBQ!)
And while that's not really anything to be embarrassed about, and I COULD do a run-down of the twenty or so sandwich combinations we came up with, I think we've all sort of "been there, done that."






(▼ ▼ Hiking in the SNOW!! August at Mt. Rainier)

OK, seriously: Whining aside, so I HAVE managed to cook on occasion, even a few interesting and unusual things - so I thought I'd post a few pictures of my wonderful summer with my girls - and attempt a bit of foodie catch-up over the next week or two.











(▼ ▼ Watermelon with yet another cousin!
Third-cousin-twice-removed if you want to be technical - but really, they don't care!)













4 comments:

Alisa said...

Those are some awesome summer pictures! It looks like your whole family has had a nice one :)

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

It sounds like you're having a great summer, no reason for guilt!

Sheree' said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Family pictures are always welcome! Wow, snow! When I was about 13 I went to yellowstone with my grandparents in July and there was snow. Enough snow to make snowballs and throw them at my grandma. lol

T said...

Great pics! Glad you and your fam are having such a fantastic summer!