Sunday, November 02, 2008

Mother-Daughter Brunch

No recipes to share today,
as this Tofu-Mom didn't
have to cook!

Instead I was privileged to attend Mother-Daughter Brunch at my two older daughters' school.

.

Don't they look beautiful here? I was so proud of them!























They invited their Grandma (my Mom) too, which made the morning even more fun! My girls looked so pretty. Of course I'm their Mom so I think they ALWAYS look nice, but it is fun to get all dressed up sometimes too! Quick... another picture...


It was a lovely event, the company was fantastic, and the food was delicious!

Even better, enough vegan options to MORE than fill me up! Brunch usually tends to be rather egg-and-meat-centric, but they had roasted potatoes, granolas, and a beautiful table LOADED with fruit - really GOOD pineapple, mangoes, kiwi, papayas, strawberries, grapes...I could have gone back WAY too many times.

.


My middle daughter works for school food services during the week, so she actually had a hand in preparing some of the food ahead of time, (she got to make several batches of muffins, as well as the zucchini and pumpkin breads, of which she was very proud).


It was a great experience for her to see it all come together and learn what goes on behind the scenes at an event like this, and watch people enjoy some of the foods she had made.







Hope you all had a great weekend.

11 comments:

Virginia said...

how yummy to have so many vegan options at a public school event! wouldn't happen where i live, that's for sure! looks like you had a great time!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Aww,so lovely!

Catherine Weber said...

What a fun morning!

Jen said...

tofu, that's so awesome! and yes, your daughters are very pretty. i've said this before, but i think you are such a good mommy! i would have loved to have someone like you in my life leading the way during my fragile teen years.

T said...

They are adorable! And what a cool thing for a school to host. I especially like that they got to help with preparations. Glad you guys had fun!

Bianca said...

Neat! I'm glad they had some stuff you could eat. I usually get stuck eating plain bread at events like that.

miss v said...

how cute! i love mother-daughter events. ;)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Aww, your girls are so cute! YAY for vegan friendly mother-daughter events!

VeganView said...

I love mother/daughter events. What beautiful photos and even better there was edible food for all of you to enjoy!

aTxVegn said...

You should be proud - what a terrific looking family. Sounds like great fun.

Susan G said...

They are beautiful! And they look like you! Sounds like a fun event.