Sunday, July 08, 2007

Lunch at Fei's Cafe, Albuquerque

If you're ever in Albuquerque, you need to go find Fei's Cafe! The place is amazing and ALL VEGAN!

Froggy introduced me to this place and now I'm trying to think of a reason to go back tomorrow or the next day.... Lunch here was so insanely yummy-licious!

Everything is super inexpensive and portions are on the smaller side, so you can try several things if you can't narrow it down...

We started off with vegan Boba Tea, and some 1000 layer-tofu-skin something-or-other which I can't remember the name of, and these heavenly little fried seitan tid-bits called (I think) Vegetable Nuggets.

The Hot-N-Sour soup was amazing and filled with all sorts of tastes and textures. We had other stuff, served in lovely bento-box sort of trays - but I forgot to photograph it. Try the cold sesame noodles though - which are not pictured, but quite drool-worthy.

Again totally vegan. Everything is.

Go there. Eat. Tell the nice people that Froggy and Tofu-Mom recommended it to you. (OK, don't say that, they'll look at you oddly!)

11 comments:

KathyF said...

Wow! I just hopped over here from another site and discovered Fei's Cafe! When I lived in Albuquerque everyone told me to go there, but I never managed it. Now I'm 5000 miles away, and here's another recommendation! Wish I could go!

Enjoy it for me, and have a Buddha Bowl at Flying Star for me too!

Tracy said...

Sniff. I'm nowhere near Albuquerque. Nothing here in my general vicinity is even remotely vegan....and I'm growing sick of veggie burgers and side salad. I'm insanely jealous right now.

Monika K said...

10 points for using yummy-licious in a sentence! Fei's looks great - I'll bookmark it in case I'm ever there. (-:

bazu said...

I kinda wish I was in albuquerque right now...

Rose said...

That place seems like it's worth going to, I'll remember that next time I go to Albuquerque

Kate said...

You always find the greatest vegan food places. The food looks awesome!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you live in a vegan friendly area. I'm a little jealous.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Heehee. Thanks for the nice comments. For the record though, I don't live in Albuquerque or anywhere close.

My friend Froggy lives there and I visit him from time to time, (and LOVE it there for the most part...) that's all...

frogonabike said...

The vegetable nuggets are really addictive!

Froggy

KleoPatra said...

Wow, i'll def remember this place if i head N.M. way. i looooooooove New Mexico. Went to Albuquerque (also the title of a recent "Weird Al" tune, by the way!) when i was writing for the college newspaper and went to cover the San Diego State men's soccer team in a tournament there. Also took in an Albuquerque Dukes Triple-A baseball game while there. Such a great city. Thanks for the head's up on this place. Lookin' good.

TM, thank you so much for your kind words about/for Mattie. REALLY appreciate your sentiments and kindness... *HUGS* She's doing better but on a few meds... poor kid. i know you know what it is like when our furry friends are not well. Harrowing, truly.

See you at MySpace, too. :o) Been enjoying your lists over there. Hee hee.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Looks like a road trip to Albuquerque is in order....