Sunday, July 29, 2007

Farmer's Market, again.

I can't stay away.

Every weekend it calls to me... "Come sample the berries... buy a vegan cinnamon roll... stock up on produce... squeeze a ripe peach... smell the flowers... find veggies you've never tried before..."

And I'm weak.

I succumb to the temptation of all things fresh and local and green.

See? Here are just some of my purchases this week:

  • tiny new potatoes
  • purslane
  • Asian cucumbers
  • several types of garlic
  • Walla Walla Sweet onions
  • baby red onions
  • Rainier cherries
  • tomatoes
  • 'Turbo' squash
  • wild mushrooms
Just as lovely, but for some reason, not pictured:
  • blueberries
  • blackberries
  • peaches
  • fresh-baked, soft German pretzel (vegan) *burp*
  • pea vine shoots
  • baby beets and beet tops!

If I'm inspired, I may post the creative ways I use some of this abundance. Mostly though, my kids will just gobble it down with no cooking or pretty plating presentation needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very colorfull! you are so lucky!!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

lovely

Unknown said...

Don't you LOVE living in the Pacific Northwest? This time of year everything grows here except maybe bananas and limes.
Anna (aka Samsara)