Saturday, June 09, 2007

Strawberries!!

So...
Strawberries, strawberries everywhere. Local farms and stands are posting signs and Saturday Market had them in many of the stalls this week.

Shuksan, Rainier, Totem, Puget Reliance, Puget Beauty, Nanaimo - whatever your favorites, the Puyallup Valley produces some of the tastiest berries in the US and I'm definitely one of their biggest fans...

We stopped by a roadside stand tonight and bought their last three little baskets of berries - it was hard to stay out of them, they smelled so good!
For dessert, I went simple (don't expect anything like a recipe here!!): I just sliced and slightly mashed the berries (cause I LOVE them extra juicy) and added a side of some very chocolate-y Purely Decadent Ice "Cream".

:drool: I'm definitely in heaven.

4 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Mmmm, I must get more strawberries at the market this week while they're still 'cheap-ish'. yum.

Dori said...

We have been eating our fill of strawberries too, delish!

aTxVegn said...

It's amazing how red the farm fresh strawberries are. I can't get enough either!

KleoPatra said...

Love this time of year. Fresh berries!! YEAH!!