Saturday, April 07, 2007

My funny, furry friends!

Besides three wonderful human children, my house is also inhabited by several furry 'children' and for lack of something better, I thought I'd introduce you to two of them.

Today, when I had a bazillion errands to run, of course, my four-legged companions somehow sensed my hurry and were ever-so extra "helpful"...

First of all, after a trip to the doggy manicurist (groomer) for a nail trim, my Boston Terrier, Chelsie, decided that she should be rewarded for her troubles with a trip thru the drive-up window at Starbucks! (I have no idea how she learned this, since, of course I would never stop there *cough*soy-mocha*cough*).
Every time we drive by the place, she absolutely goes bananas - climbs in my lap and won't get down until she gets a treat. Must be able to smell it or something!! Fortunately, the kind baristas there know her smooshy little face well! They think she's hilarious barking and trying to "speak" into the drive-up order speakers and always humor her with a small spoonful of whip cream...

Back home again, our youngest kitty - Jack-the-Pirate-Cat, (named by my 7-year-old) decided grocery bags were great play toys, (as all cats seem to) only he took this particular bag hostage on the kitchen floor, plundering and pillaging in fine Pirate style, and pretended to attack anyone who came near. Must be those great Trader Joe's colors, heehee!

He wouldn't let me put it away for several hours and by then it was in shreds all over the kitchen.

Thanks for the help guys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was funny!

Michelle said...

You have the best kids, furry and not-so-furry alike.

bazu said...

Oh, how loveable! I love how the treat at Starbucks is expected, and how the grocery bag stands no chance. Your fur babies are tenacious!

panda with cookie said...

I just found your blog through someone else's link and love it. I'm looking forward to more pictures and recipes.
Thanks!
lisa

KleoPatra said...

Aw, SO cute. Great post, very sweet and funny!