Sunday, January 28, 2007

Roasted Cauliflower "Popcorn"

My favorite produce market, Tacoma Boys, had cauliflower on sale, 2 heads for a buck this week!
Woo! You can't beat that, and I happen to LOVE cauliflower, so I got a couple along with my usual assortment of produce when I shopped yesterday. I'd been wanting to try the "Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn" recipe from 101cookbooks.com for a while and this looked like a good excuse...

So, just the pictures today, (and not all that great a pic), but you get the idea. The Popcorn Cauliflower was really good though, if you have some cauliflower around, you MUST try it!! My friend that was over for the evening even asked me to bring it for the Superbowl party... I'm not sure how it'd go over with the "nachos and meatballs" TV crowd, but I'm willing to give it a try, cause it's pretty tasty!
The cauliflower is broken into little flower-ettes and roasted in the oven with herb-y breadcrumbs. Hard to explain exactly how interesting and yummy the stuff is, you need to try it yourself! Great comfort food for a night of TV and munchies.

0 comments: