Monday, December 18, 2006

Baby Cabbages

So I've had some of those Tofurky Sausages sitting in the fridge, and had been thinking about doing something with them; some fried cabbage and "sausage" sort-of-thing. Since I didn't have cabbage, I used some golf-ball-sized brussel sprouts that were still hanging around my garden - I figure brussel sprouts are just baby cabbages, right?

I shredded them thin on the mandoline cutter, threw 'em in a pan with the "sausage", carrot and part of an onion. It turned out SO incredibly yummy! A great winter lunch. You need to go get yourself some brussel sprouts and try this!

I don't have a recipe exactly, but here's a couple pictures and the basic idea:


12 large brussel sprouts, or so, sliced thin on a shredder/slicer
1 carrot, coarsely grated or thinly sliced
1 link (or more) Tofurky "sausage" sliced
1/4 white onion, sliced thin
Saute with a tsp. or two of olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar and salt to taste - until vegetables wilt and are tender crisp to your preference.
Some red peppers would be nice here too, they go great with the "sausage".

1 comments:

urban vegan said...

This appeals to me, but then again, I'm Polish.

To answer your question abuot vegan white chocolate, they sell it here at Whole Foods, packaged in plastic containers with the WF label--but you can also get it on Vegan Essentials:
http://www.veganessentials.com/
(Look uner "Chocolate")