Friday, June 05, 2009

The School Year Draws to a Close...

Right away let me say I cannot take credit for these cute cupcakes!!

But I just couldn't resist posting a picture, and they're ALL VEGAN TOO!!! (OK, I couldn't swear the food coloring is vegan, I honestly don't know there.)

A parent brought these adorable goodies in to class today and of course they were a HUGE hit with all the students!!!

One of my students had recently been diagnosed with some pretty severe allergies, including both eggs and milk. It's taken a bit of adjustment for the little girl to get used to the changes in her lunchbox. I've shared a few vegan tips that Mom has been very receptive to and even loaned her my Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World cookbook when she was bemoaning the fact that they wouldn't be able to do cupcakes this year for end-of-school.

She was totally thrilled with the vegan cupcake recipes, and then used the book "Hello, Cupcake" for decorating inspiration. Really a fun book, you should check it out, if you're into the whole cupcake thing... I think many of the ideas could be easily vegan-ized.

WAY TOO CUTE!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Aww they're adorable! I'm so glad that little girl has you to help her out! It looks like you're finding some fun stuff for her to eat, that's for sure!

Catherine Weber said...

"Hello Cupcake" is the cutest book EVER. What fun little edible critters!

trina said...

Wow, now I really want a jungle animal birthday party. I'm gonna have to take a look at that book. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! What fun to have delicious AND cute fun vegan cupcakes for the kids (and hopefully YOU?) to enjoy :o)

Courtney

Nat said...

i absolutely LOVE these!! especially the giraffes (i'm partial to them) :o)

Jen said...

those are cute. how've you been? i'm just getting back to blogging. i've missed all of my bloggin' buddies.

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes are so adorable!

Bethany said...

wow, those are so cute! They must have taken forever to make. I have lots of respect for people that have that much energy and creativity for decorating. I always get too lazy when it comes to frosting time.

the girl in your class is lucky that she has a vegan teacher to give her mom tips.