Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cabbage and Sausage















Oh man, this is the best "super-quick" supper ever!! (Steaming food makes for blurry pictures, sorry!)
Now, I realize opinons about cooked cabbage my not be as enthusiastic as mine, but if you haven't had it in a while, try it again.
Just cook until tender-crisp, not soggy. And understand, I grew up eating my German/Polish Grandparent's cooking, so anything with cabbage is gonna be a hit.
Sauteed with some Field Roast sausage (my favorite "faux sausage" in the world, but use whatever you like) and really, how can you go wrong?

This hardly needs a recipe but:

4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Apple-Sage style Field Roast sausages, sliced
wee bit of olive oil
splash of cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Sautee Field Roast sausage slices with onion over med. heat until they start to brown. Add cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is done. Sprinkle with vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.

10 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

Oooh -- yum! I, too, like cooked cabbage. Must be my German and Polish heritage!

Bianca said...

I love cooked cabbage, especially with "sausage" in it. But then again, I've got German heritage too...

Anonymous said...

I love cooked cabbage--I have it at least once a week! Thanks for a yummy recipe for it!

Courtney

trina said...

No, steam just makes it more tantalizing. I'm with you on the field roast sausages and cabbage.

Anonymous said...

i loooove cooked cabbage. My mom sautees it with tahini. Soo good.

JENNA said...

I would love to eat that dish! Cooked cabbage is great!

Candi said...

Oh, looks good and easy too! I love FieldRoast sausages too! :P

Also, congrats on that sumer splurge - the patio fire pit! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried Field Roast sausages. Looks good!

Unknown said...

Oh yummy!! I will have to look for the sausage at the super market. If I can't get it there I will look for it next time we get to Whole Foods.

DJ said...

Mmm-mmm-mm-mm-mmmm! I'm with you on the enthusiastic cabbage eating!