Monday, April 21, 2008

Green and Red

OOooohhh "Cheezy" Chile Rellanos and Tempeh (not-Carne) Adovada.

I dared make these pretties for my good friend Shaun, red-blooded, lifetime New Mexico resident and extremely picky chile critic...
..
He was impressed.
..
Actually, I was too. Yum.
..
Sometimes I worry needlessly that stuff won't turn out right...
..
Now, dear blogger-readers, if you're thinking this looks familiar, you're right, this is a repeat. How un-original am I?
..
Anyway, the recipes are here: Chile Rellanos and here: Tempeh-Not-Carne-Adovada. Only this time, I topped the chile rellanos with panko breadcrumbs and skipped the sauce over them, oh man... they were cheezy inside, crispy on top... perfect!
...

Here the chiles are before I baked them; aren't they cute, all lined up in the pan, before they bubbled and ooozed everywhere?

..
Enjoy. Hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, the "Cheezy" Chile Rellanos & Tempeh Adovada dish looks marvelous!! So glad that your friend liked it so much!!

They're very cute in the pan, indeed :0)

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

those chili rellanos looks soooo good!!!