Monday, August 13, 2007

Wheeee! Mom's going on vacation!

No posts from this computer for a week. Try to cope. I know you'll be OK.


The girls and I have the mini-van packed and we're headed north to the border. Canada. The beautiful city of Victoria, to be exact.
I absolutely adore Victoria, and have spent several weekends there with friends and co-workers, seminars, conferences, etc - but my kids have never been. They haven't even been to CANADA and we live only a few hours away. Sad, isn't it? So they're excited, I'm excited, it's a VERY big deal in this household... Our last free week before school starts - we're going to ENJOY!!!!!

We haven't gotten away anywhere for a real "vacation" in years - mainly 'cause dammit, the things cost MONEY! This just happened to work out due to a friend's loan of their time-share condo, some great coupons and a summer bonus from work...
I promised the kids I wouldn't drag them to strange vegan restaurants or obsess over the food our whole time. I'm pretty OK with them being as lacto-ovo as they want to be when we're out. Yes, it's easier, I admit it! Most meals we'll be cooking ourselves anyway - those will be vegan of course - because I'm the cook and I'm the boss. Bwa-ha-haaa.

Otherwise, I know I can find vegan food anywhere, so I'm not too worried if vacation consists of cheese-free pizza and salads. I'm with my kids, they actually want to be with me - and we're on vacation, that's all that really matters!!
Oh, we are going to Rebar. My favorite veg. friendly restaurant in Victoria (and the city has tons of great places!). Check out their menu, they can veganize most anything if it's not already - and the desserts are insane!
Have a great week. Really.

(The pictures are ones I took last year when I was in Victoria for a weekend with Froggy...)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so happy for the family, vacations even the word sounds amazing! wishing to yur family a great vacations.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Have a blast on your Canadian vacation! Can't wait to hear about the fun and food when you return!

bazu said...

Woo, have fun in Canada! Don't get eaten by super colorful bears! ;-)

JENNA said...

have fun in canada. I love it up there!

JENNA

KleoPatra said...

Hope yer havin' fun. i <3 CANADA! See you when you get back. Lookin' forward to reading and seeing pix of your vacation...

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Canada is such a great location for vacations - I hope you're having a splendid trip!! Looking forward to seeing pictures and reading all about it!!

Anonymous said...

You've definitely got your priorities straight Tofu Mom! Family first. Food second.