Thursday, December 07, 2006

Oliva-Tofu-Pecan Dip

First Christmas Party of the season tonight:


Didn't have a whole lot of time last night and wanted something that I could mix up ahead of time, so I brought this super-mega-easy-yummy dip, and some rather generic crackers. My mom actually gave me the recipe a few years back - Good stuff!!

No one asked or cared if it was vegan and the bowl was cleaned out when I left so I guess that's a good sign. Seriously, this is my stand-by when I need a 'spread' sort of thing and have to impress omnis. It's good with celery and carrots or in a sourdough bread bowl too.


Olive-Tofu-Pecan Spread


1 cup firm tofu, mashed fine with a fork
1/3 cup pecans, ground fine but not totally into powder, in food processor or blender
2/3 cup black olives, chopped (you can use a couple Tbsp. kalamata olives if you want extra tang and saltiness, but it's good with standard old black olives too).
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 finely chopped onion (or chop celery and onion in food processor)
1 1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
1/2 cup Vegannaise (or equal parts Tofutti Sour 'Cream' and vegan mayo)

Mix ingredients well. Enjoy! That's it!

7 comments:

Candi said...

:P Looks great! I love how no one asked or cared if it was vegan!! :) I'm going to save this recipe and hope for a party! Lol!

Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! any luck recovering your past post?

Nikk said...

This looks amazing. I need to find a bread bowl to put this in!!!! :)

I can't wait until I have time to blog all of the stuff I make for Sunday's party. I'm hoping to use a lot of recipes floating around the blogosphere.

urban vegan said...

What a great dip recipe, and easy, too.

As my omnivore husband always maintains, "Good food is good food."

Anonymous said...

this looks fantastic. I can't wait to try it.

Julie said...

Looks great!! I'll have to give this a try.

btw, love your blog!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Julie said...
"... love your blog!"

Thanks!! I've been enjoyng the ones I've been reading frm others too!

Johanna3 said...
Thanks for sharing! any luck recovering your past post?

Johanna, I've been gradually re-posting from my archives. It just takes a bit of time, but they;re all getting back to where they should be...
So, yeah, look for my old "new" posts to reappear gradually...