Sometimes "50 is..."
...JUST SITTING HOME, EATING COMFORT FOOD AND WATCHING FOOTBALL.
And tonight, that's all I'm doing. Eating warm, cozy curry and watching Seahawks football. After 50 years on the planet, I'm entitled to a lazy evening!
My youngest Sprout and I are both HUGE curry fans, and since it's just us home these days, we do end up making it often.
Quick and super-easy, it's one of my "Dinner-Defaults".
Everyone needs a list of "defaults"...
Dinner that you ALWAYS have the ingredients for and you no longer need to read the recipe to make it.
Dinner that is quick, easy and everyone LOVES.
OK, I don't often use it, but only because of cost and availability in these remote parts, but they are handy to have in the fridge or freezer when you want something like that...
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped in large chunks
- 1 Tbsp. Thai Red Curry Paste - or to taste - (some brands are vegan, just read the labels)
- 1/4 Tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cubed white potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or puree
- 1 12 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 package Gardein "chic'k strips" cut in chunks
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. finely shredded fresh ginger
Cook uncovered until heated thru, about 10 more minutes or less. Add water if sauce is too thick.
Taste and add more salt or pepper if desired. Serve over rice, if desired. YUM!
By the way, 'Hawks are ahead.
I think I'll have another bowl of curry!