Make the pie with your own roasted-and mashed squash or pumpkin - OR with the canned, plain pumpkin - either is fine.
Make the crust with any graham cracker crust recipe you have, or use a pre-made one.
There are so many good vegan cheesecake recipes out there, you may have already found one that is your favorite! I like the simplicity of this and how quick it goes together, plus it doesn't use 3 or 4 cartons of vegan cream cheese like some of the larger recipes do!
This makes a 9-inch or pie-pan size or small cheesecake.
(if you want it more traditional cheesecake size, done in a large springform pan, please don't try doubling this, it doesn't firm up so well when done in a larger size.)
- 1 box aseptically packaged (Mori-Nu) package firm silken tofu
- 1 8-oz. package Tofutti Better-than Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup pumpkin-flavored or vanilla-flavored plant milk (I LOVE using So Delicious Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk here, definitely try it if you have a chance!! But any non-dairy milk will work fine.)
- 3/4 - 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tb. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spices (or your own blend, however you like to flavor pumpkin pie)
- 2 Tb. cornstarch
- 1 (9 inch) prepared "graham cracker" crust of your choice.