Even the tofu haters ask for more!!
It's great with veggies, crackers or pretzels; or as a spread on veggie sandwiches too!
- 1 cup firm tofu, mashed fine with a fork
- 1/3 cup pecans (or pistachios)*, chopped super-fine, but not into powder, in food processor or blender (there should still be tiny bits of nuts)
- 2/3 cup black olives, chopped (I just buy the canned, already-chopped black olives to save myself the work - you can add a couple Tbsp. finely chopped Kalamata olives if you want extra tang and saltiness, but it's good with standard old black olives too - too many Kalamata olives turn the dip an unappetizing purple!)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 finely chopped onion (or chop celery and onion in food processor, but I like the uniform tiny chunks you get by hand chopping...)
- 1 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (or equal parts Tofutti vegan Sour 'Cream' and vegan mayo - more if you want it more creamy)
- dash Tabasco if desired, not to make it spicy, just to bump up the flavor
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Mix ingredients well.
Chill several hours.
Garnish with more parsley if you want.
*I prefer my pecans toasted in this recipe, but it's hard to toast them without burning, so do so at your own risk.