Friday, April 08, 2011

Grilled-Spaghetti-Garlic-Bread Sammich

So, I have crazy Sprout children.
Of course I love them to death in spite (or because) of their craziness, but they keep me on my toes never knowing what to expect next.

I present the following evidence:
My Middle Sprout's latest and current most favorite Panini Sandwich invention:

The Grilled Spaghetti-Garlic-Bread-Sandwich

(I told her I was going to blog about it and she didn't believe me. It's really pretty good, and if nothing else, it's a rather original use for leftovers.)

Should you choose to try this, here's what you do:
  • 2 slices hearty French or Sourdough bread (the bread pictured really wasn't as "thick" as it should be)
  • 2 tsp vegan margarine
  • 1 clove pressed garlic
  • 1/2 cup cooked spaghetti or angel hair, chopped up - aprox 1 inch pcs.
  • 2+ Tbsp. favorite sauce
  • 1 Tbsp olives, chopped
  • 1-2 slices "meltable" vegan cheese slices, or a 1/4 cup shredded (We used Teese, it melted PERFECTLY!)


Mix pressed garlic with margarine. Spread thinly on bread.
Mix sauce into spaghetti. Stir in olives.
Crumble the cheese and mush it around into the spaghetti.
Lay 1 slice bread, buttered side down, on heated Panini Grill.
Heap spaghetti mixture onto bread and spread evenly to edges.
Lay remaining bread slice on top, buttered side up.

Grill until sandwich is toasty and cheese is melty.
Dip in additional sauce if you want. YUMMMMMM

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Please tell the Sprouts that it sounds really, really yummy!

I will have to try this for dinner this week. I cannot imagine that it will be anything but delicious!

Thank you, Sprouts!

Claudia said...

Oh wow, that looks really good. We also have a panini grill and put it to frequent use - my boyfriend is the creative head when it comes to sandwiches, and he was very inspired by your post!