Saturday, January 22, 2011

Have I Mentioned Vida Vegan Con?


I've had an epiphany.
The other day, while wandering through the Farmer's Market with a friend, I happened to mention "The Vegan Bloggers Conference in Portland" and she said "What?" Never heard of it."
**GASP** It's Vida Vegan Con. You haven't heard? Say what? How can that be? I've neglected to spread the word?
(OK. And if you're NOT vegan OR a blog fan, your eyes may glaze over here. But give me a few paragraphs, then I'm done. Maybe.)

See, I've been raving about this fabulous and exciting event to (I thought) EVERYONE, everywhere; But suddenly I had this "DUH" moment.
I realize I've neglected the obvious! I haven't actually raved about the Vegan Bloggers Conference here, ON MY VEGAN BLOG! Oh snap!

Here's the deal, and part of why I'm so excited:
Vida Vegan Con is a Vegan Blogger's Conference being held this coming August 26 - 28, 2011.
Yes. A conference. Just for Vegan Bloggers!

And most exciting, it's in my next-door-neighbor and most favorite city ever - PORTLAND, Oregon. This means... I could maybe, possibly actually go!! Without having to take a bunch of time off work, buy an airplane ticket, arrange lodging, wander around lost in a strange city, all of that.

It'll be a great opportunity for bloggers like me (and others that do this on a WAY huger scale than I do) to attend and participate in workshops, discussion panels, speakers, special events, vegan food, and more. Like the website says: "This conference will celebrate, explore, and fine-tune the practice—and ever-growing community of vegan bloggers."

There's a huge list of awesome speakers and presenters, including Isa Chandra Moskowitz, author of The Post Punk Kitchen, Vegan Brunch, Veganomicon, Vegan with a Vengeance, etc), Author Bryanna Clark Grogan, (Notes from a Vegan Feast Kitchen/21st Century Table), the fabulous Jess Scone (Get Sconed! & StumptownVegans.com), Janessa from Epicurious Vegan... OK, there's hundreds, or something, just go HERE for the whole list!!
More awesomeness, read the interview here in T.O.F.U. Magazine!!

And even better? (Yes, it gets better!) They're using the conference to raise money for animal sanctuaries including Pigs Peace here in Washington, a sanctuary very near and dear to my heart!




(*SIGH*) I am so excited for this event, can you tell?
The only teensy-tiny roadblock for me at the moment is the cost of registration - which I am saving my pennies for (along with all those expenses of 'life' like broken washers, car repair, kid's emergency-room visits, and so on). So... I'm even considering my very own fundraising, maybe a "Send-me-to-VeganCon" Bake Sale, heh. You never know, where there's a will, there's ALWAYS a way!! Stay tuned.

The point is, if you hear me raving about this exciting conference in the future, you'll now know what I'm talking about.

3 comments:

Christina-Marie Wright said...

You have to go! I'm going!!!!

Amanda J said...

I'll be there!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I love this post.