Friday, January 23, 2009

Because We All Need A Little Chocolate ... or Fudge...

We were in the mood for chocolate and peanut butter last night.

Sometimes these cravings just have to be dealt with in the fastest and easiest way possible...























Quick and Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

**Warning, "Health Food" this is NOT!!

3/4 cup vegan margarine
-- (We use Willow Run for this, definitely works the best)

1 cup peanut butter
--(If you're using "natural" peanutbutter, this works best with as little oil as possible stirred into it. Great recipe for that dry crumbly stuff in the bottom of the jar. I use whatever peanut butter we have around...)

2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
(or "powdered" or "icing" sugar. Yes, it's possible to find non-bone-char -vegan-confectioners sugar)

1 cup chocolate chips
(vegan)

1/2 cup chopped peanuts
(optional)

Instructions:

Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
Stir in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until well blended.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if you want. Pat into prepared pan.
Chill until firm. Cut into squares.

Yes, it's that easy. Enjoy.

18 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

WHOA . . . yum.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FUUUUUUUUDGE!!!! Holy fabulousness yum.

Bianca said...

Yum num num. I made some fudge over the holidays for the first time and was amazed by how easy it is. I bet the addition of peanut butter makes this absolutely amazing!

T said...

These look divine!

tofufreak said...

ooh! yum! :)

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

But, it should be considered a health food if it makes you all happy and satisfied! :)

Cynthia said...

Only now getting around to wish you and the family a very Happy New Year!

crystal said...

yum! i need to make this soon. i love peanut butter and chocolate together.

Jen said...

hey, i've missed you! that fudge looks great. we don't have willow run vegan marg around here anymore. strictly earth balance territory.

Chelsea said...

Whoa! I have GOT to try that!!!

Amy said...

Peanut butter AND chocolate? In fudge form?!?!?! YUUUUUUUUUM!!!

Veggie Cookster said...

Oooooooh, what a great photo. I'm drooling here! My hubby had a craving for brownies but I just might have to make these this weekend for him, too! hehehe :)

Lydia said...

I must.. I must.. I must try to make this.

Trekkie said...

Gee, thanks for ruining my New Year resolution diet!!!! I've put on 5 pounds just looking at the screen!!!!!!!!!

trina said...

Oh, good land. Yum.

Anonymous said...

We just made this and it's awesome! We substituted pecans for the peanuts and added a handful of mini marshmallows (I know, not vegan). It's still firming up in the fridge but I snuck a little piece. Thanks for the recipe!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Wow! Glad this is such a hit!! Edie - hey - if you want to add mini-marshmallows or whatever you like, it's perfectly fine with me... I'm just happy you liked it.

Lydia said...

I made it; it was SO VERY GOOD.. And easy!