Monday, April 07, 2008

Teapot Vegetarian House; Seattle

Had to post a few pix. I know I've blogged - and raved - about this place before, but it's just that good...

My friend Shaun was visiting for the week, from the dry, dusty wilderness (not really) of Albuquerque.
He loves all the awesome vegetarian places in Seattle (who wouldn't) but Teapot is one of our favorites! It's fun to actually have another real-life, honest-to-goodness vegan to share favorite places with sometimes, you know?
No worries about whether they'll "find anything they like" and no turning noses up at those "funny" (?) ingredients like tofu and seitan...
OK, so Teapot is one of Seattle's best known vegetarian restaurants, all vegan actually. They call themselves "Pan-Asian" which is basically a little bit of everything Asian/Thai-ish. Insanely deeee-lish!

Naturally we dragged a couple friends along for the experience, (yeah, they were complaining) and made sure we ordered our favorite dishes including the Rose 'Chicken' Drumettes, Pad Thai and Almond Fried Tofu with Gravy. We also ordered several interesting teas. Even the non-veg people were impressed!
My youngest had a few issues with the chopsticks, but otherwise, all was predictably wonderful!
If you're EVER in Seattle, you MUST go. Call me, I'll meet you there!

10 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Oh, I wish I'd had time to visit teapot on my trip!! Looks yummy...
Had fun reading about your experience at vegfest. We were both at Bryanna's italian cooking demo! Small world :-)

Calimaryn said...

What a great restaurant! And your daughter is so cute with her chopstick skills. I think that is how all kids start off using them!

bazu said...

Ah- I want to go! Take me with you?

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

this sounds wonderful! i'm jealous.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ooh, Teapot looks wonderful!! Haha, I love the photograph of your daughter with the chopsticks :0D

Sam Niccolls said...

I work at a local startup based out of South Lake Union called TeachStreet We are a small team of mostly ex-Amazon folk. Take a look at John Cook's article in the P-I if you want to read more. The basic premise of our website, which we are launching on April 21st is to provide a place for local students to connect with local teachers, consultants, or anyone else that might be able to teach what they want to learn.

I came across your blog while writing a TeachStreet blog post about Seattle Mom Blogs and I noticed that you work with Autistic Kindergarteners, which I thought was pretty cool.

If you don't mind, I was wondering if I could take five minutes of your time to ask you a couple questions about the work you do, and if you don't mind, possibly write a post on the TeachStreet blog about ways our readership could get involved helping with Autism.

Thanks for your time,
Sam

Sam@TeachStreet.com

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha I looove that pic of your youngest with the chopsticks! So cute.

urban vegan said...

Looks fantastic and the chopstick photo is priceless.

aTxVegn said...

It looks wonderful! I have the same "issues" with chopsticks....

I wish you would make your mint patties and share the recipe. I'm not well equipped for candy making, so my Sandra Lee semi-homemade version was all could do for now.

I swear I'll get to Seattle and/or Portland one of these days!

vegandrifter said...

does anyone know where a vegan in a bind can find help in seattle?