Saturday, March 08, 2008

So I've been tagged with this little game.
Here's how it works:
I tell you 5 things about myself, then tag 5 other people via their blog. Sounds fun, right??
I was tagged by Michelle over at Tiger The Lion. Here it goes:

1.) I am a serious History buff, my house is filled with shelves of w-a-a-ay too many history books, stories, historical novels and History Channel DVDs.

2.) I am a huge fan of Country Music. (Much to the embarrassment of my teenage offspring).

3.) I am seriously, obsessively in love with the early 90's show "Northern Exposure". I own the entire series on DVD and am watching my way through it for the ... oh... 5th or 6th time. I know every bit of trivia imaginable, can quote far more of the dialogue than I'll admit, I have all the tee-shirts, mugs and so forth - even a cookbook and autographed pictures of my secret heartthrob John Corbett. {{*swoon*}}
I even skipped work a couple times, to stare in star-struck awe as they shot a couple episodes (back in the day...) and since then, have made many a pilgrimage to the little town of Roslyn, WA where the show was filmed, to just be a tourist - OR to attend "Moosefest", the annual gathering of NoEx fans.... (Roslyn's not too far from here, fortunately). Yes, just slightly obsessed...

4.) I just saw the movie trailer and am so psyched!! I can't wait for the next Indiana Jones Movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to come out!

5.) Even though I rarely make reference to it online, I'm a fairly conservative Christian and have been all my life. My church family and my faith are extremely important aspects of my life.

The Rules:
Share 5 facts about yourself.
Tag 5 people.
Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

6 comments:

Veggie said...

A Northern Exposure cookbook, I had no idea there was such a thing. Although I have to admit it does interest me.

And "Moosefest", that's really interesting. So what do you do at a "Moosefest" anyway?

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Uh... "Moosefest" consists of a bunch of Northern Exposure Fans getting together in Roslyn (AKA "Cicely, Alaska") for a couple drinks and reminiscing and comparing memorabilia and wondering where all the stars of the show are now... Yes. I am W-A-Y too obsessed...

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

i LOVE history too!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

Hi! I *love* your 'name'! Tofu Mom - awesome! You're daughters are so pretty! p.s. I loooooove tulips!

Veggie said...

Sounds fun. Yes for sure obsessed!

Is there a real Cicely in Alaska?

Or was it just made up for the show.

I'm obsessed with themed cookbooks such as that Northern Exposure one.

I have your mushroom soup cooking away in my crockpot at this very moment.

Claire said...

You won't believe this but I am a secret lurker who reads your blog regularly.

Whilst looking for things this evening to make for my fiance's dinner I see the words "John Corbett".

My dvd player is right now on a freeze frame picture of John (no word of a lie) as Aidan in Sex and the City season 4. May I say, YUMMY!!! Just like your recipe for Faux Chicken Stew with dumplings :-)