Monday, July 23, 2007

Sandwiches...

Aside from the sudden abundance of zucchini, we haven't been doing much creative in the kitchen lately.

To prove it, I'll post pictures from the last two night's suppers...

Ready for my extra-original, amazingly tasty, one-of-a-kind vegan dinner specialty?

Tah-dahhhhhh.....Sandwiches and sandwiches.

I know, just not that exciting, eh?

I figured I'd show the world that even we creative, talented, amazing (ha!) vegan cooks take the night off on occasion! (Sometimes more than one night if the mood, dirty dishes, PMS cravings and kitchen temperature strike them).

Sandwich ideas:
Avocados, red garden tomaters, watercress, spinach, Walla Walla Sweet onion and "cheeze" made from nutrition yeast on Rudi's Organic Whole Grain with Flax.

The next - yellow heirloom tomatoes (which look sorta like cheese!), red onions, sprouts, lettuce, Vegenaise and Tofurkey sandwich slices on Silver Hills Flax Seed Bread.

Creative, huh?

OK, despite the crappy photography that makes them appear rather NEON colored, there were both really good.

Of course, if I'd really been a good Mom I would have whipped up a colorful "chick-pea-spinich-flax-cranberry-pomegranite-watermelon-tempeh salad with balsamic-sun-dried-tomato-porcini mushroom dressing" or something equally dramatic, to serve on the side.

But we were all pretty happy with just plain ol' sandwiches, so that's what I went with. I'll get creative another day.

6 comments:

Sheree' said...

There is nothing wrong with a good veggie sandwich. Don't you just love Rudi's bread? When I am lazy and don't bake mine own this is the only brand I buy!

Anonymous said...

i love sandwiches a lot!

KleoPatra said...

i <3 sammies! And yours look tasty 'n' terrific. Mattie is a breadaholic so i'm glad those aren't at my house 'cause she'd find a way to get to those in a hurry..

urban vegan said...

I love sandwiches--I could eat them every day.

Unknown said...

But those are GOOD sandwiches. If you really want to slack off you have to go with PB&J.

Julie said...

Sammiches are the best and perfect for a quick dinner :]