Monday, June 25, 2007

Sorry I haven't blogged? Not really.

I just got returned from a wild and crazy, but SOO enjoyable trip to the jungles of San Jose, CA. Getting ready for, and helping celebrate, my wonderful little Grandma's 90th birthday!!
It was fun to help throw the party, wonderful to see my Grammy again (it's been 4 years!), and great to connect with cousins, nieces, nephews and other relatives I hadn't seen in ages; but it was also a much-needed break from life - the computer, housework, daily routine, mom-taxi-driving, cooking, and my job.
My kids spent the week of camping with their Dad. (I couldn't do airline tickets for everyone sadly, but it was also their annual not-to-be-missed "Dad" campout of the summer).

Needless to say, my house is now surrounded by weeds, and knee-deep in dirty laundry, half-unpacked suitcases and pine-needle filled sleeping-bags; but somehow I still feel re-energized and refreshed.

Blogging will resume shortly.

Oh - and here's Grandma and me :)
I should look so good at 90!!!!!

9 comments:

KleoPatra said...

GREAT to see you post, Tofu Mom.

Your grandmother is gorgeous. Truly radiant.

i'm very happy you had such a great time reconnecting with long-lost relatives and also that you got to get away from it all and enjoy the non-routine stuff that makes life... well... LIFE!

Welcome back home, so great to see you here...

Tracy said...

Wow, Grandma IS really hot for being 90!! Is she a vegan too, BTW? And I hear ya about the vacation thing....you come home and you're up to your ass in work for a while, but you still can't wipe the smile off your face! Welcome home!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Thanks. She is beautiful, isn't she? (I might be a bit biased but I think that's understandable.)
And no - Grandma's definitely not vegan. She's a good ol' Iowa farm girl, and lives for her pork chops, fried chicken and all things dairy...

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back!!
wow your grandma looks amazing so young!!!

John Paul Zavada said...

She's such a sweetie pie! I missed your posts, slacker! Now I expect to have your journal posted on all the great vegan delights you partook in down thar in San Jose, which is a damn fine town, btw. :)

aTxVegn said...

No way is she 90! I'm so glad you got to get away and spend some time with your beautiful grandma.

Veggie Cookster said...

Aw, what a cute pic! And, your Grandma looks amazing! Good for her! Sounds like a great vacation! :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Grandma! And welcome back.

bazu said...

San Jose?? I grew up in Cupertino! One of my all-time favorite vegan restaurants is in San Jose, you know, the one run by the supreme master and her cult... lol!