Monday, April 23, 2007

Supper Tonight - My Kids' Choice. Scary!

OK, so tonight I didn't have time to plan anything ahead, I hadn't shopped for produce, and I was insanely wiped out from two hours overtime...

So - I went WAY crazy and told my Sprouts they could choose anything in the house - all their favorites, Kids Choice night.
I know they love to cook, (even if it's frozen pizza), but usually I add SOME direction or limits. Not tonight - they could make anything they wanted - to celebrate... um... Mom not having to cook... or... everyone coming home from Ecuador... or something...
Well, they had fun. But I just HAD to post a picture of their supper choices - just to dispel some misconceptions: It's true - I really don't whip up colorful, healthy, wonderful homemade meals every night, and my kids don't always make wonderfully healthy, nutritionally complete three-course dinners, when left to their own choices... (I wish we did, but that's not the way life works and sadly, I am just not SuperMom).

At any rate, it could have been worse, I guess... Here we have: Amy's Soy Cheese Pizza, homemade seasoned potato wedgies (yes, they made those themselves!), onion rings and corn (they included a vegetable). Even so, I'm still scared.


And to close, another picture of our little doggie... still got some health issues, but enjoying life, and happy as ever.

12 comments:

Candi said...

YUm! Kid's Choice dinner is great! Lol! I'd love to eat like that all the time! Lol! :P I love how they threw in the veggie too!

I think if dinner was Britty's kid's choice, she'd pick mashed potatoes with gravy... and more mashed potatoes with gravy!

That pupy pic is adorable! How cute they look together. I hope your puppy's health issues are not too serious!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Looks like the typical kids fare! LOVE that you let them do that!

KleoPatra said...

I LOVE THAT PHOTO.

Kids and dogs. The best...

And i ate just like yer kids' choice when i was a kid... i still would if i didn't know any better!!!

YIKES! So good tasting... serious "feel good" aka "comfort" food!!

urban vegan said...

Actually, your kids' choices are pretty well rounded.

Love your little Boston--cutie pie! My Omniman grew up with a Boston and we just melt every time we see them.

scottishvegan said...

I think that dinner looks pretty yummy! I'm sure it could have been a whole lot worse!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Your kid's choice dinner looks a lot like our grown-up's choice dinner! lol! I still think you qualify for "Super-Mom" title.

bazu said...

Glad Chelsie is doing well! I'm not what you would call young any more, but I could sure go for that kid's choice dinner! =)

aTxVegn said...

Oh goodness I've missed a lot of posts! Well the kids meal is exactly what I would expect! All your food below looks awesome. My favorite is the kitty in the bowl!

Douglas said...

I want onion rings now!!!!!!

Neva said...

Funny. It's probably ok to eat like that a few times, but they didn't choose anything green! My little niece refuses to eat anything green, so it could be a kid thing.

Tanya Kristine said...

holy sheeeeeite! that looks delicious!

nice tummy warmers.

the dog too!

John Paul Zavada said...

You should let the kids cook everynight! :p Up next: Not Dog weinee's wrapped in Smartlife turkey and ham slices (the veggie version of a Turchikham) OR pickles wrapped in same with Tofutti cream cheese. YUM!