Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Vegan Peppermint Patties for Valentine's

I ran into this recipe for Vegan Peppermint Patties over at Vegan-Licious' blog last month. It looked so interesting and since my middle Sprout is insanely addicted to the things, we decided to give them a try for a family Valentine's Day cooking adventure...

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, Peppermint Patties at the regular ol' grocery store usually have those wretched dairy products in them.)

So we got all the (very few, really) ingredients and my 13-year-old vegan-cooking-star-to-be whipped these things up ALL BY HERSELF! I was so impressed!

OH MY GOSH! {{faints}} They were amazing!

Now, by the time I got new batteries in my camera, the "good" looking ones had been EATEN; and they are sorta hard to photograph and not end up looking like little brown chocolate blobs...

But trust me ...wow....


They turned out so incredibly good. And they were so so so so EASY!

I have nothing more to say.

Except TRY THESE THINGS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum! thanks for let me know about this, im drooling . your daughter do a great job!

Twisted Cinderella said...

They look wonderful! I am definitely trying these!

Webly said...

Those look fantastic!!

Brooke said...

Mmmmmmm!

Michelle said...

I love peppermint patties but I can never find peppermint extract in stores, I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Candi said...

That's a very interesting dessert! I'm sure we'd love it, and it looks kind of fun to make too!! :)

Nice job!!

Anonymous said...

wow - I've got to try these!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

so cute!

Frank the Tank said...

those look great t&s!

veggiefrank-