Sunday, January 29, 2006

Confetti Couscous


Did a major cupboard clean-out last week and discovered a package of couscous I had meant to use at Thanksgiving. Well, tofurky day is long past, but I got inspired anyway and made my favorite couscous salad. It's actually more of a summer-time thing. Maybe?
I don't always use all the veggies, sometimes more of one than another, it depends on my mood and what I have in the fridge.

At any rate, I could eat this stuff 3 meals a day, the girls like it for the most part and it's pretty and colorful, ...yeah, I should be inspired more often!

Confetti Couscous
1 cup uncooked couscous
2 cups (or one can) cooked black beans, well drained and rinsed
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 cup cooked corn (or mini-corn is cool too!)
2 medium tomatoes, diced (sometimes I use little yellow pear tomatoes)
1/2 cup chopped green or Kalamata olives
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 green onions, finely sliced or 1/4 cup minced purple onion
3 Tb. olivie oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Pour couscous in medium heat-proof bowl. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and pour over couscous. Cover and let stand 15 minutes, then fluff with a fork and allow to cool to room temperature.Transfer coucous to large boil. Add remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature, or chilled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi:
im looking your past post, i like your blog!

Anonymous said...

you have so great recipes, i hope you will post soon!