Thursday, March 16, 2006

Kid-Friendly Mini-Pizzas

A windy day in March, (see all the downed tree branches in \/ picture below). My oldest is babysitting two little guys here at the house. I'm not sure how much work it is for her, since they happen to be good friends with my Little Sprout and they've been outside all morning....

I told her she had to come up with lunch that all the little munchkins would eat (and like) and she rummaged around my almost empty cupboards and put together these cute mini-pizzas; They have whole wheat English Muffins, spaghetti sauce, Tofutti "mozerella" slices, olives, canned mushrooms (blechh - I had no idea I had a can of those, they look like snails to me! Oh well, the kiddos seemsed to like them!) some mock-chicken stuff and red peppers. All those veggies and weird things and the little guys ate 'em just fine!
I was surprised the 'Tofutti' soy cheese (sorta) melted in the oven - even if it did take a while!!
Not sure I need an exact recipe, but thought I'd post anyway since I was proud of her creativity, and the kids are so dang cute!

0 comments: