Friday, September 03, 2004

Why am I doing this anyway?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, I've started this blog for several reasons;

First of all, I love to cook and ultimately, make messes in my kitchen. My kids love to help me - thus making even MORE messes... but we have fun!!

Second I have been toying with the idea of "going vegan" and am experimenting with various new recipes and ingredients, and also attempting to "veganize" old favorites.

Thirdly (if thirdly is a word, and I don't even know if it is) my family and friends have asked me for certain recipes repeatedly, and instead of constantly re-writing the recipes out for them, I am going to refer them here...

Oh, and since it's my birthday, I thought it was as good a time as any to start this thing...

So, thats it. Oh wait, a little about me? Bleh.

I'm an 'over 40' Special Education Teacher and Mom - I have three wonderful (and almost vegan) daughters and am interested in cooking (especially for family and friends), drawing, gardening, outdoor activities, reading (mostly biographies), dabbling in occasional website design for friends, beadwork and pottery, Northwest Native American history and culture, and my horses.
I collect cookbooks, (my favorite are the regional ones that are just compilations of ordinary recipes by ordinary people from a certain state or culture- and of course vegetarian/vegan ones).
I also collect little dragon statues, an occasional frog, and teapots - I love teapots... and TEA!

Watch for recipes here sometime in the future when I feel inspired to post something...